PDA

View Full Version : [Q] translate this sentences into english

vtalinh
11-12-2002, 12:13
Hi everybody! i'm a new member in this room, my English not well but next week i have to do some test so i want you to help me translate this sentences into english because i can't, hic..hic, please to help me, thanks

-bây giờ bạn vẫn còn đi học hay đã đi làm?
-bạn có làm thêm việc gì ngoài giờ không?
-tôi đang làm việc bán thời gian cho một công ty nghiên cứu thị trường
-công việc khá thú vị, nó giúp nhiều cho việc học của tôi
-tôi mong có đựơc một công việc phù hợp và ổn định
-tiếng Anh giúp cho việc đi xin việc dễ dàng hơn và tôi cũng thích dùng tiếng Anh để giao tiếp với người nước ngoài
-tôi thích nhất là môn quản trị doanh nghiệp
-nhóm tôi đang làm một bài thuyết trình về quảng cáo và tiếp thị sản phẩm unilever

-vùng quê thì thật là buồn tẻ, thiếu thốn cơ sở vật chất:trường học , bệnh viện, và những trò giải trí..
-vùng quê chỉ thích hợp cho những kì nghỉ hè hay những chuyến đi nghỉ ngắn ngày
-thành phố thì: +dễ kiếm việc làm với mức lương cao
+dễ kết bạn
+nhịp sống luôn hối hả
+lúc lên đèn thì thật là đẹp

sophia
11-12-2002, 16:52
mình chỉ biết một số câu thôi:
-Do you still study or work?
-do you have any part time job?
yes, I do. I work for Maketing Research Company
- It's an interesting job. it's helpful for my studying.

vtalinh
11-12-2002, 18:44
thank you very much! i hope someone will help me more than because i need translate its very much for my tests in next week very very much:.(

ivyinlove
11-12-2002, 20:20
-tôi đang làm việc bán thời gian cho một công ty nghiên cứu thị trường = I am working part-time for a company specialized in market research

-công việc khá thú vị, nó giúp nhiều cho việc học của tôi = the work is so interesting and it helps me a lot in my study

-tôi mong có đựơc một công việc phù hợp và ổn định = I wish to get a job that is stable and suitable to me.

-tiếng Anh giúp cho việc đi xin việc dễ dàng hơn và tôi cũng thích dùng tiếng Anh để giao tiếp với người nước ngoài
= English can help me to find a job and I like to use English to communicate with foreigners.

-tôi thích nhất là môn quản trị doanh nghiệp = My favorite subject is about business administration.

-nhóm tôi đang làm một bài thuyết trình về quảng cáo và tiếp thị sản phẩm unilever = My group is preparing for a presentation on advertisement and marketing for Unilever products.

-vùng quê thì thật là buồn tẻ, thiếu thốn cơ sở vật chất:trường học , bệnh viện, và những trò giải trí.. = (Living in) the countryside is very boring, lack of material facilities like school, hospital and entertainment centers..

-vùng quê chỉ thích hợp cho những kì nghỉ hè hay những chuyến đi nghỉ ngắn ngày = Countryside is good for summer holidays or short holidays/ones

chị chỉ có thể giúp em đến đó thôi. nhưng theo chị thì lần sau em nên tự mình dịch trước rồi post câu dịch lên để mọi người xem có đúng không. như vậy thì mới tiến bộ được.

fireball
11-12-2002, 21:16
1. Are you studying or working?
2. Do you work part-time?
3. I am working part-time for a Market Research Company
4. It's an interesting job, it's useful for my study.
5. I hope to get a suitable and stable job.
6. English offers a good oppoturnity to apply a job, and I also would like to use it for communicating with foreigners.
7. I like Business Administration subject the most.
8. My group is carrying out a project of advertisement & maketing of Unilever product.
9. Countryside is quite boring, it lacks infrastructure such as: schools, hospitals etc.,and there is a shortage of entertainment.
10. Countryside is the great destination in vacation or in short time of relax.
11. City life:
+ Easy to have a job with high salary.
+ Easy to make friends
+ Atmosphere of rush
+ Looks beautiful with brilliant lights at night.
----------------------------------------

Note:
+ Entertaiment does not belong to "infrastructure"(cơ sở vật chất). Infrastructure includes roads, hospitals, schools, etc.,
+ If i were you, I would not condiser countryside as "boring place".
Anyway, I can give you some points about English, "countryside" & "city" life (I had to answer the similar questions on countryside & city life in an interview at school last year ;))

#English:
+ English is the global language. It has a wide range of use: study, job application, human communication...so it's necessary to learn English.
+ If you can use English fluently, you can communicate with other friends in the world, understand their cultures, traditions and customs.
+ If you can use English, you can instroduce Vietnam to foreigners: history, habits, temples, forefather, country.. and so on.
+ People possess languages which they have spent thousand years to create & develop. Hence to learn English is to get knowledge of human being.
...etc..

# Countryside:
+ Fresh air, friendly people, scene...
+ Far away from rate race of city, have a relaxing time.
+ is place you can run, fish, swim,...
+ is place that your grandparent is waiting for you with warm smiles...(hih..of course if they live in countryside).
..etc..

# City:
+ is place you can get a good education, good job, and have more chance to promote in work.
+ you can get contact with science & modern technology.
+ good infrastructure.
+ full of competition that you must try your best to get what you want (it's possible to work in professional environment).
...etc..

on and on...;)
------------------------------------
Hope it will help somehow :). Goodluck for you exam.

vtalinh
11-12-2002, 21:39
my english not well so sometime i'm wrong in my english, i hope you help me for my english
hic, i do not know to thank you you by anything?

TinyToon
05-01-2003, 19:19
Hi All
I came across this box and found many things interesting.
Your English is so good and I learnt much from you.
The ivyinlove's translation is very nice.
The fireball's one is also very well. However, it seems informal, just suitable for speaking.
Hopefully to hear from you often.
all best,
TinyToon.

mystix
14-01-2003, 07:45
Fireball answered vtalinh's request beautifully! Your grammar and comprehension of vocabulary is awesome! Keep up the good work! :o

Ngh
14-01-2003, 22:41
Very very good.....I have to give you 120%!

fireball
16-01-2003, 15:47
Awsome? I'm not sure. :)
By the way, thanks for good comment but I think my English is medium. I just do hope that we will help each other if possible. :)

cobecuoi
27-01-2003, 11:15
translate in E for me..

hãy sống bằng chính trái tim của bạn .. dừng sống cho lý trí ....

hãy sống thực với con người của bạn... dừng sống với cái vẻ bên ngoài...

và hãy sống hết mình cho tất cả...

cám ơn dời mỗi sớm mai thức dậy
ta có thêm ngày nữa để yêu thương ..

thanks lots...

utuchatday
27-01-2003, 21:25
Tui thử dịch nha, mong các bạn góp ý.
" Live from your heart not from you reasoning
Live sincerely for who you are not for what you are
and live to the fullest
Appreciating life for every single awakening morning
we have one more day to cherish"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its meanings have been retained, however some word must be omitted for english writing style. The last three words in the second sentence includes social status, power,appearance. I think it fits in this context even more exceeding from the original version.

mystix
28-01-2003, 13:51
I love utuchatday's translation of the 2nd sentence :o

Here is my version:

hãy sống bằng chính trái tim của bạn .. dừng sống cho lý trí ....
>>> Live with your heart, not your head

hãy sống thực với con người của bạn... dừng sống với cái vẻ bên ngoài... và hãy sống hết mình cho tất cả...
>>> Be who you are, not what you are; and be at your full potential

>>> Be graceful for another day to cherish when the morning is broken

Note: When translating from one language to another, always remember to convert the main idea of the sentence as a whole, instead of word by word, to preserve the original meaning :o

the tran
28-01-2003, 21:23
Mystix and utuchatday, your translation are awsome. I have nothing to complain. However the third sentence I venture to combine both of your together . Hopefully I didn't make it worst.

Be grateful for another day to cherish every awakening morning.

Just my 0.02 cent

Condauaotim
28-01-2003, 21:28
Ah ha, mystix's translation is really interesting, i like it. I still have to learn lots from you.
Little change in your third sentence : graceful--> grateful

the tran
28-01-2003, 23:20
You're right Condauaotim. I should have realized it too.

utuchatday
29-01-2003, 10:59
What a teamwork we have here. HEHE. I really like Mystix version by putting the verb to be. It's succinct and powerful.
But I think we still have problem with the third sentence,guys.It's not smooth enough for our versions, don't you think?

the tran
29-01-2003, 12:35
I agree with utuchatday, there is something missing there, and I couldn't get it.
To me the third sentence in VN version was so beautiful, and I can't see or feel the same way as it's in English. And you know what folks? I'm glad that I'm Vietnamese, so I can feel the spirit in the context. It could be my own experience, however how many of you have the same feeling reading it in Vitenamse as in English.

To Cobecuoi:

Your sentence is so great. It touches my soul.

Condauaotim
29-01-2003, 17:33
Uh, it's such a meaningful sentence. Not all Vietnamese sentences can be translated into foreign lan completely. But I think with this sentence, we still have ways to translate.

mystix
31-01-2003, 10:57
They said "2 heads are better than 1". So far, there has been 4 brains trying to resolve one issue. What a great team work! A big HUG to all of us :D

As for the 3rd sentence, since it's in the form of poetry in Vietnamese, it's only possible to translate the meaning, not the feeling into English :) And of course, there is always more than one way to interpret.

cobecuoi
08-02-2003, 08:32
i wanna translate 3rd sentence as the poem in E
but... i can't make this.. hic...

cobecuoi
08-02-2003, 08:34
i wanna translate 3rd sentence as two poems in E
but i can't make this.. hic...