PDA

View Full Version : I want to improve my English

Oriole7610
08-10-2005, 18:48
Im a second-year student at HaNoi University of Technology. Now Im learning Information Technology. My friends said that my English is too bad. So, I want to improve my English. But how can? What should I do? Should I learn at any centre. Because I think learning at centre is waste of time and money... Who can help me?

CTStudent
08-10-2005, 20:35
I've graduated from University of Technology too :) . In my opinion, home studying is not only the less costly but also the more effective way to improve your English. But in order to make the most of your studying, I think you should practice your E frequently and regularly (I suggest everyday ,in the morning(for studying grammar,vocabulary or revising) and before bedtime(for listening)). You should be aware that this may cost you a lot of time and effort but you know, no one can master English overnight and no pain no gain .
Learning this way, I've been much improved in English (though still just so-so) hence I hope that it can work well with you too :)!

anata
09-10-2005, 05:31
Buy "Grammar in use" and train it:D

Uhm! But for sure U r not lazy? U determine to master it?:-w

I see many students from HUT very lazy in learning EL:D. They rush in to my door and ask all in a breath "help me to master EL within 1 month. I don't have much time!!!" :D:D:D

manager
09-10-2005, 20:33
I'm ex- U o T, too, i can read tech books & english chatting or write English mail so well. But about communication ( face to face ) is so bad. Have any ideas to improve this skill ?

CTStudent
10-10-2005, 00:41
Dear Oriole, I've read one of your old postings saying that you "bắt đầu theo học công nghệ thông tin năm đầu ở trường BKHN" (posted on 18-09-2005), so now I keep wondering who you really are :first-year student of University of Polytechnique or second-year student of University of Technology (both of Hanoi)?

mothaiba
10-10-2005, 23:55
if you want to improve your english, you should read english more and more. More ever you should listen english song or other you have( certainly in english), try speak more, if with native speaker is very good. Don't be shy if you speak wrong , let improve listening skill the first. Finally, let relax when you tỉed, avoid doing everything hard, it effect very much to your result.
usually check your grammer, that is the best way ( you can find very excited test in:www.anti-infoworld.com)
Have successful!

Oriole7610
11-10-2005, 05:27
I see many students from HUT very lazy in learning EL. They rush in to my door and ask all in a breath "help me to master EL within 1 month. I don't have much time!!!"

U r right! HUT's students are very lazy in learning E :(

Ngô Huy Ánh
11-10-2005, 14:48
why do you join a english club?. I think it's very useful for you. You can speak, listen and so on.
Teach yourself. it's good but not all. You should talk with foreigher. this is best way to you improve english yourself. if you learn at any centre(good center), you should speak more and more with friend, and especially with your teacher. Don't worry speak wrong. You said learn at center is waste of time and money, I don't think so. if you think so, I think you learned english not good. Learning at center is good condition to you improve english yourself, you should speak more and more with your friend and your teacher(especially with foreigner). Teacher will help you fix your mistakes. Show you problems you can see in your life. Show you way to speak correct, way to listen, play games to improve your english.... and so on(you can't have them when you teach yourself). It's very useful.

Oriole7610
12-10-2005, 05:36
Dear Oriole, I've read one of your old postings saying that you "bắt đầu theo học công nghệ thông tin năm đầu ở trường BKHN" (posted on 18-09-2005), so now I keep wondering who you really are :first-year student of University of Polytechnique or second-year student of University of Technology (both of Hanoi)?
Im second-year student of H.U.T, but now I begin learning IT. Last year I studied general... :D
Sorry, it's very hard for me to explain in English

The_Wall
12-10-2005, 05:39
I think you should use LangMaster Kit to improve your skills in English. I had use it, and i think it is useful for many users!

Marksman
12-10-2005, 11:50
oh really ? Could u give me a version of it ?

anata
13-10-2005, 11:00
LISTENING only!

U can visit HUFS (Hanoi U of foreign studies) and buy a special English CD with scrip! Cheap:)! only 10k/CD! U own a PC so I think it's easier for u to study!

LangMaster! Um! U can ask your friends! I am sure that they have them! LM is very popular with technical students

conan119
14-10-2005, 11:12
Where is HUFS in Hn?? Can i join it? I wanna study E also Thankzz anyway for ur helping...

Oriole7610
16-10-2005, 00:45
Where is HUFS in Hn??

May be Thanh Xuân :(

anata
16-10-2005, 06:04
May be Thanh Xuân :(

ack! "Maybe" >"<

Sure! Go along Nguyen Trai street! Pass LICOGI company (I forget its name?:D), see a big signal system and turn to the right! HUFS >"<

If u r not sure! Ask people for help.

There is only one Bookshop! abount 50m counting from the Nguyen Trai street! Easy to find! Have fun bro:)