PDA

View Full Version : Go To El Dorado !!!!!!!!

DemCoDon
27-11-2002, 21:20
El Dorado, the city, which I had felt ambiguous and known nothing about it except for one thing: it’s a city in Europe. However, after I had done the movie “The road to El Dorado,” which is stated “turning legend into fact, myth into history” and showing me a lot of interesting and worthy things about El Dorado – a place of fabulous wealth. Instantly, I would seek a research and find out a lot of incredible things that I want to share with you.

To begin a series of amazed event is come out later, I’m able to use the statement of the Greek poet Pindar wrote, “Gold is the child of Zeus. Neither moth nor rust devour it but the mind of man is devoured by it.” From that statement, we can figure out how important the gold is! In my mind, it’s completely true to say “Gold is the king of metals and the metal of kings, it is the ultimate measure of value.” I remember when I was a child, about seven or eight years old, my grandmother said I’m a big gold and absolutely become her possessive gold. I denied that and convinced my grandmother by letting me to be a big diamond and become her possessive diamond. My grandmother was laughing so much and talking slowly, in a sweet melodious voice and until now it’s seemed ringing around my ears, “Honey, diamond is inferior to gold for the reason there is no many countries in the world would know, have or produce it. When you grew up, you would know that gold is existed almost everywhere in the world.” Now I would turn back to the statement of Pindar and show you some specific examples so that you can be able to say his statement absolutely true. The examples such as in the 1530s, the Germans and Spaniards sent several expeditions into what is know Columbus to seek El Dorado, but the mountains were nearly impassable, and they were forced to turn back when they ran out of food. More than half the men were skilled in skirmishes with Indians and all the expeditions came to grief fortune. And explorers in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries, including the Great Prussian natural scientists and traveler Alexander von Humboldt also sought the fabled treasure. Totally, my point is those people or countries wanted to conquer El Dorado for seizing treasure existed in El Dorado, and that sounds inane and would be a dream unless they were really courage, devoted and got lucky enough during the expedition. We all know that nothing is easy to do or achieve if we haven’t failed in difficulties or failures.

There is one more interesting legend about El Dorado is known as people there were told of a ritual ceremony that took place at Lake Guatavita, some distance to the North of Bogota. I would borrow some selected traits from Lisa Berg, who is considered as a writer, a traveler and being so interested in describing the Lake at the first time she met, “The Lake appears mystical, mirror-calm, a perfect circle, surrounded by uniform, barren hills.” And that Lake is noticed and sacred by people who believed that the spirit of a former chieftain’s wife lived in that Lake, bound there by a terrible monaster. The Lake also was located the acknowledgment of a new king.

“The world around us has many wonderful incredible things that we can’t know all.” This statement of a well-known philosopher is entirely coincide with my situation because I wouldn’t have known anything about the fabled city, “El Dorado,” or called “The golden place” if I hadn’t done watching the movie “The road to El Dorado.” And now after got so many specific unbelievable illustrations about that country, I want to travel to El Dorado instantly. I want to face to face those incredible things that I have read on the books and seen on the movie.

LylyAnna

nguyen.loan2940
29-06-2008, 21:38
oh pro you ửite vẻy good