PDA

View Full Version : Programming language.

fireball
27-11-2002, 20:51
------------- C -----------------------------
#include <stdio.h>
main()
{
int j,k,m;
printf("\n Input two integers:");
scanf("%d%d", &j, &k);
m=min(j,k);
printf("\n %d is the minimum of %d and %d\n\n",m,j,k);
}

------------------BASIC---------------------------

1740 REM********************
1750 REM Capture alarm data
1769 REM *******************
1770 CLS
1780 SCREEN 1
1790 COLOR BACK,PALL
1800 LOCATE 1,1
1810 INPUT "Alarm time: ",ATS
1820 AC$ = MID$(AT$,3,1)
1830 AH$ = MID$(AT$,1,2)
1840 AM$ = MID$(AT$,4,2)
1850 IF AC$ <> ":" GOTO 1770

-----------------COBOL----------------------------

092900 B700-CONVERT-R80-DATE SECTION.
093000*
093100* IF CREDIT HAS NOT BEEN GIVEN ON A TRANSACTION,
093200* THE DATE USED IS THE TRANSACTION DATE. THIS
093300* SECTION CONVERT THE TRANSACTION DATE TO A
093400* NUMBER OF DAYS SINCE 1990, PUTTING THE RESULT IN
093500* WS-CALC-DATE.
------------------------------------------------------

Programming and languages
Computer can deal with different kinds of problems if they are given the right instruction for what to do. Instructions are the first written in one of the hight level language, e.g FORTRAN, COBOL, ALGOL, PL/I, PASCAL, BASIC or C, depending on the type of problem to be solved. A program written in one of these languges is often called a source program, and it cannot be directly processed by the computer until it has been compiled., which means interpreted into machine code. Usually a single instruction written in a high-level language, when transformed into machine code, results in several instructions. Here is a brief description of some of the many high-level languages:

FORTRAN acronym for FORmula TRANslation. This language is used for solving scientific and mathematical problems. It consists of algebraic formula and English phrases. It was first instroduced in the United States in 1954.

COBOL acronym for COmmon Business-Oriented Language. This language is used for commercial purposes. COBOL, which is written using English statements, deal with problems that do not invove a lot of mathematical calculations. it was first instroduced in 1959.

ALGOL acronym for ALGOrithmic Language. Oringinally called IAL, which means International Algebraic Language. It is used for mathematical and scientific purposes. ALGOL was first instroduced in Europe in 1960.

PL/I Programming Language I. Developed in 1964 to combine features of COBOL and ALGOL. Consequently, it is used for data processing as well as scientific applications.

BASIC acronym for Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code. Developed in 1965 at Dartmouth College in the United States for use by students who require a simple language to begin programming.

C developed in the 1970's to support the UNIX operating system. C is a highly portable general-purpose laguage.

Other such languages are APL (developed in 1962), PASCAL (named after Blaise Pascal and developed in 1971), and LISP and PROLOG, both of which are used for work in artificial intelligence, LOGO is a development of LISP which has been used to developed computer-based training(CBT) packages.

:):):)

duckie
27-11-2002, 21:25
Cool, how and where did you get these interesting information ? Yet I have a language to ask about : what is python ?

fireball
27-11-2002, 21:40
This is one of my lessons at school. It belongs to the subject called " Oxford English for computing".
Anyway, what do you mean by "python"? following idom or literal meaning? I haven't ever heard about that word in IT.

duckie
27-11-2002, 21:47
Python, as I knew is a language for scripting, yet I don't know much about it, anyway it is a good for hackers as well as web programmers.

abcdef
27-11-2002, 21:57
How many programming languages are there?

fireball
28-11-2002, 09:26
To duckie: Ah, thats why i dont know 'coz i am not hacker ;) and 'coz my programming knowedge is not enough. Just need more time to study.
To abcdef: Above are some of popular programming languages, not all. Just stated them coz they are basic programming languages which perhaps, some had forgot them already.
Cheers.

yuna_admirer
28-11-2002, 22:32
Python is a scripting programing language , which was written as "script" , so that computer understand directly what we type in . Like javascript or Vb script , ASP , JSP , Python doesn't need to be complied to computer language like C or Java or something else .

abcdef
29-11-2002, 08:14
So Python is like Perl? Is there any Web site in Vietnam using this scripting language?

danceswithwolves
01-12-2002, 11:23
AFAIK, Python is a OO scripting language (im not sure). You all can take a look at "Thinking In Python" - a good book by Bruce Eckel.

duckie
01-12-2002, 11:55
what's 'OO scripting language' ?
what are the best scripting languages ? Or what language do you recommend ?

abcdef
01-12-2002, 22:23
OO is "Object-Oriented". Best scripting languages are PHP, ASP(.Net), ...

White_Rose
02-12-2002, 03:05
How many programming languages are there?
many and we cannot know accurate number.

To abcdef:
asp.net is a OO language for scripting but asp is not. it like that vb.net is a OO language but vb is not.

abcdef
02-12-2002, 08:18
VB is a very poor OO? Is it true?

danceswithwolves
02-12-2002, 08:32
ASP.NET (also to ASP) is NOT a language. It's just simply a filter. To program ASP, web developers use supported scripting languages such as JScript or VBScript. With ASP.NET, all CLS-compliant languages are okie.

fireball
02-12-2002, 12:35
Bài viết được gửi bởi danceswithwolves
AFAIK, Python is a OO scripting language (im not sure). You all can take a look at "Thinking In Python" - a good book by Bruce Eckel.

This book, it is in VN or somewhere else???

abcdef
02-12-2002, 13:36
To fireball: You can go in yahoo.com and search, like "Thinking in Python...f". I'm sure in VN there isn't any book like this.

danceswithwolves
03-12-2002, 15:19
you all can download "Thinking In Python" at www.BruceEckel.com. Enjoy it.

TinyToon
05-01-2003, 05:54
Hi all,
In IT field, There are many programming languages and Python is one of them.
I had a short time working with Python and found that it is really interesting. There are some nice features of Python such as:
- OOP,
- interpreter
- support almost popular plaforms (Windows, Unix, Linux, Mac...)
- small, fast...almost all libraries of Python is written in C.
- Python is written by C and thus being able to mix two these languages.
GUI of Linux, Yahoo website, google search engine are the most successfully applications.
In Vietnam, www.vinaseek.com is one considered application.
All things above is my experience, so it may be wrong.
best regard.