PDA

View Full Version : english Forum

traixanha
25-11-2002, 04:37
hello everyone
i am first one in here?lol ,just wanna say hi ,and hope DDTH and everyone doing good for now and later.Unfortunately, i'm not in vn(very sad ,cause couldn't see you guys on 11/17) but anyway i still joining forward with DDTH,hola back. see you guys around.bb
:)

Saigon75
25-11-2002, 06:44
Enter your thoughts here,
Because life is sunnier when you share...

yuna_admirer
25-11-2002, 13:43
Hi guys and gals . I'm in Viet Nam . Well , speaking English is one of my favorited hobby , so i guess joining this box would be a nice try for me to improve my so-called "English ^0^ .

Adolf
25-11-2002, 19:05
hi everybody,
have a good day.........

MaYa
25-11-2002, 21:41
Ja! Woala! Gutend Abend everyone!

Me just wanna say CoOlz Engliszh!

Here, formal English is outdated! Yo!

abcdef
25-11-2002, 22:23
Hi all, I like to talk in English too. Do you think it is easy to say "I love you" rather than "Anh yêu em"? :)

traixanha
25-11-2002, 23:38
i dunno,but i think ya should buy for her a dozen of rose and invite her have a dinner ,all the gurls don't really wanna hear that 'i love you' at begin.They just wanna see what you expect from them and how patient you are,just take time ok!.But anway,let's see what will happen,good luck fool

Lighting_dragon
26-11-2002, 00:53
What is that Forum for ?
Why its name is "Diendantinhoc.com" , I think that English forum is the outside for that. Maybe there would have some forum with the name like "Literature", "Geografy", "French" in some days later. And then this Website should have a new name "combine.com" . Is that right ?

teoteoteo
26-11-2002, 02:12
yep! i think this forum should be a computer forum and we are talking everything about the computer, i feel we are on the wrong way, outside of this forum aim. Anyway, very grad to talk with all of you. I am also not in vietnam, that's why i could not attend your meeting in last 17/11. hey lighting-dragon, i live near you,at least( actually, i am in netherlands, ).

abcdef
26-11-2002, 08:07
Yes, this is "diendantinhoc.com", but I think it shouldn't be about IT only.

duckie
26-11-2002, 13:31
hi guys, I'm new here, but I wonder why should we have an E.C. ?

fireball
26-11-2002, 16:15
wow...heh..hi all, esp hi to you Duckie!
Remember me, Duckie? Heh...i'm nebula_ciaovn! how nice by chance ;)

trannam136
26-11-2002, 16:17
Hi all.
Please discuss about English for ICT!

fireball
26-11-2002, 19:26
Great. I'm newcomer here. I'm sophomore student, er...actually my major is electrical informatics but it involves IT field and i have to learn it in English - not my tongue language. Well, i start learning C this term...a bit difficult for starters, i think. So i came this room to get something useful, i know i will learn MUCH MORE from others :). Thanks.

abcdef
26-11-2002, 21:13
fireball. Which university are you a student of?

teanhatrang
26-11-2002, 21:34
hello all = chào cả nhà

Bye nha = tạm biệt nha

hehe

fireball
26-11-2002, 21:59
Bài viết được gửi bởi abcdef
fireball. Which university are you a student of?

HUT-Genetic Sg ;)

chuotchit
26-11-2002, 22:31
But without English how can you improve your skill of IL.
I think it nesesary!=> Let do it !
to all member: All time we can share together!!!!
chuotchit

yuna_admirer
26-11-2002, 22:34
And also , i think we shouldn't bring here - this forum - all the trashty chit-chat language . Formal English is outdated somewhere else , not here i think...

fireball
27-11-2002, 00:20
Formal English is not outdated here or somewhere else for sure.
According to me, formal and informal E can be used here because
+ informal E is used to make this forum more friendly. Informal E doesn't mean "trast'..or something like that. It's the usual way you use to talk to your friends.
+ formal E is used mainly in paper, test, exam..etc...and also when making new friends. Of course, you shouldn't say :"Ladies and gentlement, I am glad to discuss...." ;) to your friends ;)
Informal or formal are necessary, for suitable uses.
er...i think we shouldn't use some slang like "dam." or"fu."
It's quite great if we make this forum become "diendantinhoc" in English :)

teoteoteo
27-11-2002, 07:02
no, my fiends. we are staying here to talk about computer, and it is our purpose why we are here. we come here together, talking to each other in different way but it seem to be friendly because We help to each other getting more knowledge about computer not about "chit-chat". that's mean if we have english club at here and in very near future, we will have some more club like "francais" or "german" as well ah??. Fireball you can easily find down the logo of this Forum? "The IT world of Vietnamese." this one is for vietnamese.

abcdef
27-11-2002, 07:51
Is Anyone here learning in Aptech? Tell me should I learn there?

duckie
27-11-2002, 09:50
A ha remember you, fireball, so you're Neb from ttvn ? I'm very new here and just want to start studying C, too, it's great.
Men men, wait a minute, what is "ICT" and "IL" ?
Anyway, let's build English Box here, we opened it anyway right ?

duyhung
27-11-2002, 11:07
Hi all, nice to make friends with everybody.
I do not agree with FIREBALL . According to me, we shouldn't use chat language here . Someone doesn't understand it, include me. So, please use English formally.
This box is usefull for me to improve my English skill. I like it !!! How about you ?

fireball
27-11-2002, 13:19
That's strange, I can confirm that informal E is not only chat-chit language (slang) though it encompasses. Let me explain by a simple example (sorry not anout IT):
+ Writing a letter to a FRIEND, what will you choose between 2 letters with 2 styles bellow?
A. -----------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Richard,
I would like to thank you for your last letter. I'm sorry I haven't written for so long, but i've been pretty busy with the new job. It's going really well - i've made lots of new friends, and i've been working on some very interesting projects.
I shall get straight to the point you asked if i had any news about Stuart. In fact he communicated with me last Sunday. He's residing with his parents at the moment.
I would like to inform you that i'm having a party next Friday and i'd love you to come.
I would be grateful if you could let me know if you can make it.
Yours sincerely,
Jane.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
B.
Dear Richard,
Many thanks for your last letter. I'm sorry I haven't written for so long, but i've been pretty busy with the new job. It's going really well - i've made lots of new friends, and i've been working on some very interesting projects.
Anyway you asked if i had any news about Stuart. In fact he got in touch with me last Sunday. He's staying with his parents at the moment.
By the way i'm having a party next Friday and i'd love you to come.
Do let me know if you can make it.
Yours,
Jane.
------------------------------------------------------------
By comparing them, you'll realize: A letter is FORMAL one, B letter is INFORMAL. You said you would like to use FORMAL every where and with everyone, so you must have chosen A one. In that case if i was Richard, i would think "hmm...it seemd she always considered me as a stranger though we have been friends for a long time.."
My choice is B letter because informal one for a friend and beause i was tought that. Anyway, if you want to know more 'bout formal & informal in English, just take a look in bookshops, you'll find out.

So, i hope all of you can catch what i meant. Even plenty of Vietnamese threads in this side are informal style, such as "Ebook nhiều vô tội vạ, vào download đeeeeee" or "[BOOK]ebook ASP tiếng việt mại dzô...." ..etc...but still accepted due to they used informal with the good concept!!! Me too, i think i mentioned informal style with a good concept, simply a talk between friends.
BTW teoteoteo: I'm afraid you misunderstood me. I'm not pushy to expect all this side become English side. I meant --->within this box, English forum. And as i said above, i came here for learning from others.

Am i right? Any ideas?

duyhung
27-11-2002, 16:11
Sorry FIREBALL . Now I have understood what you say ! But you and I mistook to each other. The chat language I want to mention is not the thing you are talking about

nttranbao
27-11-2002, 20:00
looks like all the members in this room are "mail", which is obviously not interesting! Could someone introduce this site to lots more ppls, esp girls , to give it a cool fresh air....:-)
anway, nice to meet all of ya....:-)

duckie
27-11-2002, 21:28
Girls normally look for other forums those are more concerned to social life, not this kind of technological one. And girls like to talk more on "love life", so don't rely much on taking girls here, there may be some but there won't be many.

Ngh
28-11-2002, 20:48
What are English doing in a computer forum?

Ngh
01-12-2002, 17:05
I see! You use this box as a place to chat with each other! Why dont you go to messenger and talk with real English

chokobo_kupo
01-12-2002, 17:09
Hi, ready to talk about computer ??? :)

traixanha
04-12-2002, 23:50
yea.let talk about computer guys,dont wanna see some topics which not related to computer,thanks

Yumiko_unified
08-12-2002, 17:20
Bài viết được gửi bởi traixanha
yea.let talk about computer guys,dont wanna see some topics which not related to computer,thanks

I'm also interested in computers.
What's wrong with other topics?
This is English forum. We can talk everything.

yuna_admirer
10-12-2002, 00:46
This is an English forum , so please feel free to pratice your English .

vo_danh_lang_tu
10-12-2002, 15:23
Hi teoteoteo.Maybe next year I will go aboard to your place.Thus, I think can I make friends with you now so as to ask you about something in Holland?Okay

Ngh
14-01-2003, 22:44
Ok....let's start with hackers !

GangOfHanoi
15-01-2003, 02:54
Wow wow wow, Come on boys. Stop arguing about the purpose of this forum. I'm really interested in your initial of discussing IT-related issues in English. Well, I've got my personal website developed with JavaScripts but also heard about ASP, so please give me some tips about ASP if you can.
Thanks in advance.
Have fun then.

autumn clouds
23-01-2003, 12:35
I think this forum is more interesting since there is an English room here. I don't know much about computer or internet but i'm willing to learn. I love English also and this room is very helpful for us, right?

White_Rose
24-01-2003, 00:59
Bài viết được gửi bởi GangOfHanoi
Wow wow wow, Come on boys. Stop arguing about the purpose of this forum. I'm really interested in your initial of discussing IT-related issues in English. Well, I've got my personal website developed with JavaScripts but also heard about ASP, so please give me some tips about ASP if you can.
Thanks in advance.
Have fun then. i think that you shoule learn it before using some tips form anyone.
the base is very important. I don't beleive that you can using tips well without knowledge about ASP.
But, if you only hear about ASP and so you want to learn it, you should learn about ASP .NET; It's not only powerful but also more and more flexibility. and maybe i will like it and we can study together:rolleyes:

bobcat2003
08-02-2003, 05:32
wow this room looks like a flee market. Don't know what you guys want to talk about.
Please talk about computer.

thequangnguyen
10-02-2003, 20:46
I'm new commer.I'm want to improve my english skill and i'm want to make friend with everybody.
What do you do if no learning english.I think it's terrible.

thequangnguyen
10-02-2003, 20:53
Sorry about my new post.It's a long time I don't care about my english skill :"i'm want",it's bad.I'm studying french at AF so i had some foolish grammar sentences.
Wishing some help!

kid1706
19-02-2003, 13:35
hi, everybody, I'm a newcomer of this site. I like English, I want to use it as mother language. I hope I can lean more things when use this site.

bobcat2003
19-02-2003, 23:37
Welcome to everybody
I know there is a lot of people try to improve or to learn English to able to get a better job or to communicat with other people from other places in the world . My english is not the best because I was born in Viet Nam, but we can learn one another in the way that we feel comfortable with english. I greatly appreciate if someone likes to discuss about my mistakes.

to Thequangnguyen:
here are your mistakes :
I'm a newcomer not "I'm new commer"
I want not "I'm want"
What do you do if there is no English learning not "What do you do if no learning english"

heehee
11-03-2003, 22:40
Wat this topic used 4 ? Chat ???

Condauaotim
18-03-2003, 12:14
chatting is also a way to improve english ^_^

psd
01-04-2003, 00:47
maya,if you still hang around here,would you please give up over with your weirdo language,and i like to remind you that your german is really bad,d'u know that.
ok,back to traixanha,i want to ask you what's on 11/17?