PDA

View Full Version : Alien vs. Predator 2

petitGarcon
02-05-2005, 22:30
First of all, the graphics and sound are great. The Lithtech engine really shines here and shows us some of what it can accomplish. It's not as pretty as some other games, but the dark and gritty feel of it all comes off brilliantly. The sound is stellar, with some great moments of eerie music and sounds straight out of the movies (like the Predator's laughter when you take someone's head off� classic!).

The single player game is intense for all three species. You'll play as the Alien (where you start out as the facehugger and have to hunt someone down so you can bust out of their stomache and become a full grown alien), the Predator (where you'll dominate), and the Marine (where you'll be in an almost constant state of fear and anxiety, trapped alone in a complex full of evil creatures that want to eat you).

So� the single player missions are worth it alone. The game is actually pretty long if you play all three species, and each species has its own style and unique gameplay elements. My favorite species is still the Marine. The level of intensity is unmatched by almost every other game I've played, with Undying and the original AVP the only ones that come to mind that can match this one. There are moments of pure heart-stopping terror in the game, when I literally jumped in my seat trying to kill an alien that jumped out of nowhere in the dark, or when I freaking know there is something bad and mean that wants to kill me because it's on my motion tracker� and then all of a sudden it roars out of a hidden hole in the wall to kill me. Awesome.

Multiplayer is also much more advanced and balanced than before. Each species now has a fighting chance to kill the other species. Some punks complain that the Predator isn't powerful enough, but honestly all the changes were done for the better. Everything isn't balanced perfectly, but it's close. AVP 2 multiplayer is lots of fun.

If you like the movies or were a fan of the original, AVP 2 is going to make you smile. The whole game is polished, and a lot of fun to play. Get it.

Company Line
Sequel to one of the most frightening games ever made, Aliens vs. Predator 2 takes you to Planet LV1201, where three diverse and bloodthirsty species battle for survival. The story-driven plot weaves together the fates of all three races, while the action is as heart-stopping as the blockbuster films on which it is based. Choose to play as Alien, Predator, or Marine as you use your physical prowess, killer instincts, or superior firepower to stay alive.

Single Player Mode
# Play as Alien, Predator, or a Colonial Marine-each armed unique new weapons and abilities
# 21 intense single player missions set in 3 interlocking
story lines

Multiplayer Mode
# Play as 1 of 10 characters in 12 multiplayer levels including Species Team Maps and Deathmatch
# Game types include survivor, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and Hunt

State-of-the-art Graphics and Engine
# New highly detailed environments including LV1201 landscapes
# 32-bit animated light mapping for phenomenal effects
# Advanced game engine using LithTech Development System

Improved Equipment and Abilities
# Players of the original Aliens vs. Predator will thrill at the discovery
of powerful new abilities for each species
CODE
ftp://ftp.filecity.gr/pub/acn/filecity/Gameservers/avp1.iso
ftp://ftp.filecity.gr/pub/acn/filecity/Gameservers/avp2.iso