PDA

View Full Version : Webroots Window Washer 5.0 Build 5.0.0.9 New

fragileheart1982
10-01-2004, 11:48
Why do you need Window Washer?

Online activities can be traced through browser cache, cookies and history.
System and application software also store information that could compromise privacy.
Cleaning these files recovers hard disk space and speeds up system performance.

New in release 5.0

Includes a free copy of My Personal Favorites, an innovative tool for securing and organizing your favorite sites list, user names and passwords.

Shred files in one-click from the Windows right-click menu.
Wash instant messaging files just like you clean your Internet history.
Improved safety measures prevent accidental removal of critical system files.
Automatic discovery and installation of plug-ins to clean popular programs like Adobe Acrobat, Windows Media Player, KaZaa and more.
Customize the user interface to suit your comfort and experience level.
Cleans hard-to-find data hideouts like slack space and streams.
Washes and resets the contents of the Page file on warm or cold reboot.

Automatic cleaning

Schedule automatic cleaning cycles at specified intervals, during shut down or start-up.

File Shredding

With a file shredder built in to the Windows right-click menu, secure removal of a document is only a mouse click away. Shredding will permanently and securely overwrite a file rendering it unrecoverable with unerase utilities.

Customized User Interface

Select the interface that best matches your comfort and experience level. The beginner screen is intuitive and immediately allows for a safe wash experience. The advanced screen gives you additional options such as keeping cookies from a specific domain or skipping plug-ins during a wash.

Custom wash items

Simply click and assign your personal set of files, folders, or registry entries for cleaning.

Bleach for extra security

Completely overwrite files with random characters making them unrecoverable by undelete or unerase utilities - a security feature which exceeds the tough standards of the Department of Defense.

File Protection

Built-in safety features prevent you from accidentally removing important files. When you attempt to wash files located in special folders (including system folders, My Documents, My Photos, etc.), Window Washer 5.0 will alert you to any potential danger and prompt you for a confirmation before proceeding with the wash.

Cookie keeper

Save valuable cookies to maintain your preferred Internet settings and log-ins.

Boost performance

Remove unneeded files to recover hard disk space and speed up system performance.

Integrated, free plug-ins

Automatically discover and install free plug-ins for your favorite programs such as KaZaa, Real Player, Adobe Acrobat and more. Over 150 free, pre-configured custom wash plug-ins available.

Convenient and easy-to-use

One mouse click launches the "Wash Now" function, cleaning in the background.

System Requirements

Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP or NT4

100 Mhz processor

5 MB hard drive space

8 MB RAM
http://www.webroot.com/wb/products/windowwasher/index.php
Download at http://www.webroot.com/wb/land/ww5setup.exe