PDA

View Full Version : [Q] Please help me

tihi80
07-06-2003, 22:25
Please read and tranlate the last sentence, what does " to be caught in a trap" mean?, I read it 3 times but i can not understand the last one mean?
The topic is :Housing people where they need to live.
The problem is that houses are not always in the right place. There is often a shortage of accommodation in the big cities, where there are the most people to find homes for. There may be no land to build new houses on. So the price of homes to buy or to rent rises because of the shortage. Families may have to move to another part of Britain or even emigrate to another country. But they have to find somewhere where there is work. Or they may have to move further and further out of the city and into the suburbs, which means a longer journey to work every day. Commuters have to pay rising travel cost; the train fare from the suburbs into the city may cost so much that it would be cheaper to live in the inner city after all. And so the housing shortage starts again, making house prices and rent rise. So people who work in the city are caught in a trap
( From Life in Britain)
Thanks so much.

Melissa
10-06-2003, 09:11
meaning they can't escape from the hectic city with all the houses & people in the city

anhtraiSC
13-06-2003, 07:33
are caught in a trap
-Normal: be captured by a trap
-This topic: Get stuck, can't find a better way for this situation
Hope it help

word06
17-06-2003, 19:53
hic hic ban co the tom tat 1 it bang tieng viec duoc khong, minh khon ghieu ban noi gi