PDA

View Full Version : Difficult!

it_email
19-05-2003, 20:09
I want to study English better!
But when I study in English Center!I can't....
I want only study alone...WHY?

-------------------
My life is p2,f!

zek3vil
20-05-2003, 12:53
Don't go to the centers, they teach you nothing. There are plenty of ways to study E. The easiest and very interesting way that I found is to read articles at theCodeProject (http://codeproject.com) , Not only ur E will be better but also ur programming skills, you'll get the best of both worlds :cool:

bee-bear
21-05-2003, 14:13
Yak,i used to study English in the center but the result is a little.it's waste of time.why don't we travel with many tourists?Hearing and listening are the important skills in studying English.
If you don't have much money,go to the department store or mall,there are always many foreingers there.we can ask difficult questions such as "what is the pudding?is it like a cake?"
I am also finding the best mathods of English study .so my idea can be not pracical enough to practise.I need your helps

linhn
04-06-2003, 01:13
As for me, there are some methods as follows, hope that you find them useful.

1. Watch films in English
First time, try to turn off the subtitle. Just listen to check your how many percent of the film you can catch.
Second time, turn on the subtitle and listen. This will help you to know how to use words in different circumstances.
Third time, turn off the subtitle again and listen.

2. Volunteer to be a tour guide as bee-bear said. This will help you improve your speaking and listening skills. Don't be shy and don't worry about the mistakes.

3. When you do anything, try to think about it in English. This will help you to building your volcabulary and analytical skill.

4. Do grammar exercises to enhance your grammar.

Good luck!

sweet_rose
04-06-2003, 10:27
And listen to music cause it is easier for you to remember song so that you can remember new words longer.

linhn
07-06-2003, 01:10
I think listening to music is OK, but don't follow the grammar in English songs. It's not right.

yuna_admirer
07-06-2003, 01:40
Joining TGE English club, held twice a week, good change to talk, pratising English with Standard accent, and foreigner
s

crushyl
21-06-2003, 14:39
To study E. better?? In fact I dont know how, it's something of nature, to studying well a foreign language i mean. Though, u could improve your E. skill by some ways:
- Love it. Dont ever mean to study well if u hate E. and just study because everyone else talks it in the world. Give it some passion and u'll see the result.
- Practise frequently or u'll easily forget what uve learnt.
- Read. U can read books, newspaper, news on the Net, read wot u love, the vocabularies and sentence structure in the books u read are invaluable.
- Contact. Make friends, online or in person. And speak as much as possible. U know, speaking E. is different from Writing E. U may learn a lot of informal ways to express ur ideas.
- And any way u find suitable...

Just some of my ideas. Plz overlook any mistake. Thk u all!!

phildoan
03-07-2003, 21:50
if u want 2 learn eng then just go to school.
u said u feel uncomfortable when u went to the eng center then why don't u ask some of ur friend to go with u. ur aim is not high enough to become a successive person,and that's a dissapointing thing to hear from anyone of us living in this world."ko co viec gi kho,chi so long ko ben"remamber that!