Trang 1 / 2 12 LastLast
Hiển thị kết quả từ 1 đến 10 / 17
    Tham gia
    24-04-2004
    Bài viết

Các câu hỏi thường gặp khi phỏng vấn xin việc bằng tiếng Anh

Đây là trọn bộ các câu hỏi thường gặp khi phỏng vấn xin việc bằng tiếng Anh được phân chia ra thành nhiều cấp độ, nhiều tình huống khác nhau. Với mỗi câu hỏi sẽ có các lựa chọn để trả lời: trả lời ngắn gọn, trả lời chi tiết và cuối cùng là đánh giá xem câu trả lời nào là tối ưu trong tình huống đó. Hy vọng sẽ giúp ích được cho mọi người

Nguồn: http://forum.vietnamlearning.com.vn/...read.php?t=658

Basic Interview Questions I

1. "Tell me a little about yourself."

You should take this opportunity to show your communication skills by speaking clearly and concisely in an organized manner. Because there is no right or wrong answer for this question, it is important to appear friendly.

Short Answers

"I attended MIT where I majored in Electrical Engineering. My hobbies include basketball, reading novels, and hiking."

"I grew up in Korea and studied accounting. I worked at an accounting firm for two years and I enjoy bicycling and jogging."

"I’m an easy going person that works well with everyone. I enjoy being around different types of people and I like to always challenge myself to improve at everything I do."

"I’m a hard worker and I like to take on a variety of challenges. I like pets, and in my spare time, I like to relax and read the newspaper."

"I’ve always liked being balanced. When I work, I want to work hard. And outside of work, I like to engage in my personal activities such as golfing and fishing."

Long Answer

"I went to the University of Washington and majored in English Literature. I went to graduate school because I really enjoyed learning. Afterwards, I started my career at Boeing as a web content editor. I’ve been there for 3 years now. Although my emphasis is in writing, I like numbers. I think solving logic problems and riddles are quite fun. I also enjoy jogging, reading, and watching movies."

There is no right or wrong answer for this question. Most important thing you should remember is how you deliver the message. The example above shows a short answer telling a little bit about the person. The answer went from education to career, and then to personal interests all in a smooth flow.

[=========> Bổ sung bài viết <=========]

2. "What are your strengths?"

This is a popular interview question. They want to know what you think of yourself. Although this is a general question, there is a wrong and right answer. The wrong answer is a generic answer saying you are organized and friendly. Although it will not hurt you during the interview, it will certainly not help you either. Answer this question based on the type of job you are applying for.

Short Answers

"I believe my strongest trait is my attention to detail. This trait has helped me tremendously in this field of work."

"I’ve always been a great team player. I’m good at keeping a team together and producing quality work in a team environment."

"After having worked for a couple of years, I realized my strength is accomplishing a large amount of work within a short period of time. I get things done on time and my manager always appreciated it."

"My strongest trait is in customer service. I listen and pay close attention to my customer’s needs and I make sure they are more than satisfied."

Long Answers

Let’s say I am interviewing for a management position. You should mention traits that are important for managers.

"A couple strengths I have are planning and execution, and working with people. I’ve always been very good at planning and detailing all the steps. Even in college, I would spend time organizing my week and planning a strategy to tackle each class or assignment. Executing a plan has always come easy for me as well. I believe it’s due to proper planning. I also work with people very well in a way where I use the strengths of each individual in a team to produce the best results. Because of my easy going personality, I’ve been told by my directs that it’s easy to approach me."

If you are applying for an accounting position, you should mention strong traits an accountant should have and claim them to be yours.

"I’m very detail oriented, good at managing time, and very honest. I always incorporate managing time and being detailed together. By nature I’ve been detail oriented, and that resulted in taking too much time on a particular task. After incorporating time management into the mix, I found that my work and efficiency increased dramatically. I plan better and produce higher quality work in a time constraint environment. Finally, I’m a very honest person. When I was working as a valet attendant during college, a lady gave me a twenty dollar bill to pay for the three dollar fee. She almost drove off the lot, but I stopped her and said here is your change. My co-workers said I should have considered the change as tip, but I know what I did was honest and right. You can fool other people, but you can’t fool yourself. That’s what I believe."

The second example can seem a little wordy. But the power of an example is greater than any great words you can string together. Everyone can claim they are honest, but with an example, it is much more believable.
    Sửa/Xóa nội dung

3. "What are your weaknesses?"

For this answer, you should display a weakness that can be seen as a strength. There are many types of answers that will work. Some answers will be good answers for certain jobs, while the same answer will be a bad answer for a different job. Select an answer that will work for the position you are applying for. Here are a few examples.

Short Answers

"This might be bad, but in college I found that I procrastinated a lot. I realized this problem, and I’m working on it by finishing my work ahead of schedule."

"I feel my weakness is not being detail oriented enough. I’m a person that wants to accomplish as much as possible. I realized this hurts the quality and I’m currently working on finding a balance between quantity and quality."

"I feel my English ability is my weakest trait. I know this is only a temporary problem. I’m definitely studying hard to communicate more effectively."

"The weakest trait I struggled with was not asking for help. I always try to solve my own problems instead of asking a co-worker who might know the answer. This would save me more time and I would be more efficient. I’m working on knowing when it would be beneficial to ask for help."

Long Answers

"I think my weakest trait is my impatience. Whenever I work in a team and a member is not performing up to my expectations, I can get impatient and annoyed. I understand if they are working hard and their portion is difficult, but sometimes a person can’t do the assignment due to incompetence or laziness. A while back I would get frustrated and start complaining, but I realized that I can help out by explaining things to some people and encouraging lazy people by reminding them of deadlines. I know it’s bad to be impatient, but I’m definitely working on it."

"I’m too detail oriented. I never want to leave anything out and I want everything to be perfect. This is bad because it slows down my work. Initially, I tried to work faster to compensate, but that only made me sloppy. So I decided to put more emphasis on priority and planning. By doing so, I’m hoping that I can make the proper decisions on what to work on and what to intentionally leave out."

Both of these examples show an answer that is acceptable. Although being impatient is not good, it shows that you are a quick learner and that you like efficiency. The second displays a person that is detail oriented, which can be seen as a good trait. Finally, both answers identify the weakness and show the actions of correcting it.

4. "What are your short term goals?"

This question primarily depends on where you are in your career. A person with 5 years of experience will have different short term goals than a person with no work experience. I’ll give an example for both scenarios. But first, here are some short answers.

Short Answers

"My short term goal is to find a position where I can use the knowledge and strengths that I have. I want to partake in the growth and success of the company I work for."

"I’ve learned the basics of marketing during my first two years. I want to take the next step by taking on challenging projects. My short term goal is to grow as a marketing analyst."

"As a program manager, it’s important to understand all areas of the project. Although I have the technical abilities to be successful in my job, I want to learn different software applications that might help in work efficiency."

"My goal is to always perform at an exceptional level. But a short term goal I have set for myself is to implement a process that increases work efficiency."

Long Answers

"My short term goal is to learn everything I can about marketing. I want to find a position where I can contribute what I’ve learned through education and to gain real life experience. I believe the next couple of years will be very important to me and my immediate goal is to learn and become skilled in all aspects of marketing."

"My short term goal is to get into a management position. The last five years of my career, I’ve concentrated on learning and acquiring all the skills needed to perform excellent work. Recently, I’ve taken more responsibilities in management because I eventually want to become a sales manager. I’m excited about the last few assignments I completed because it involved working with vendors and partners while managing a small group of workers. So I hope to be in a management position within a year or two and I feel I’m doing a diligent job by volunteering for extra work to gain more experience."

The first example is a person straight out of school. Learning is a good short term goal to have because it shows that you will be trying hard in your job. The second example is more detailed because that person has several years of experience. Anybody can say they want a management position, but this candidate is taking it a step further by showing the steps he is taking to achieve the short term goal. Thus, it becomes a stronger answer.
    Được sửa bởi vulh_bk lúc 16:00 ngày 26-06-2008 Reason: Bổ sung bài viết
    Quote Quote

2. Thành viên Like bài viết này:

Tham gia
    26-08-2005
    Bài viết
    tốt quá. Đấy đúng là một phần của IT

Tham gia
    28-05-2007
    Bài viết
    thx, mà cứ trả lời theo mẫu thế này thì ko có j đặc biệt cả

Tham gia
    18-08-2005
    Bài viết
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 600 Posts
    Một ý kiến cá nhân:

Với trình độ tiếng Anh của một ứng viên người Anh hay Mỹ thì các câu trả lời trên rất bình thưởng không có gì đặc biệt cả như bạn HieuNT8x nói. Nhưng nếu dành cho một ứng viên VN thì các câu trả lời trên là một khó khăn không nhỏ.
    Chuyện khó hay dể không phải ở ý nghỉa của câu trả lời mà phải chú trọng ở vấn đề ngoại ngữ phải dùng.
    Nếu một người ứng viên không rành tiếng Anh thì câu hỏi sẻ thành khó khăn vô cùng.
    Những bài như trên không giúp nhiều cho việc vấn đáp.
    Một bài học về văn phạm, cú pháp, luyên giọng Anh Ngữ có lẽ có lợi hơn.

Tham gia
    28-05-2008
    Bài viết

Nói nhỏ nè !

U mean u wanna an IT worker to speak like a parrot who has learned to speak. Oh! I find it funny to discover it. Give a list of English questions and answers in a motif way and ask whether or not an engineer of a very active field to find out the exact answer whereas their job needs their creativeness. Your best answer to every question is up to what u has just thought. Don't think that an IT worker knows no "language" ha! English, French or Japanese are all languages like C, C++ or Java with all their grammar, syntax and vocabulary!

Tham gia
    04-10-2003
    Bài viết
    đúng đó , tui học av cũng ko tệ nhưng mà cũng gặp khó khắn đôi chút khi thử nói những đoạn dài ở trên ( nếu tự nói theo ý mình ) , còn dĩ nhiên , nói theo y chang thì chỉ cần học thuộc ( chuẩn bị trước ) là được

Tham gia
    24-04-2004
    Bài viết
    Quote Được gửi bởi hieunt8x View Post
    thx, mà cứ trả lời theo mẫu thế này thì ko có j đặc biệt cả
    Khi bạn đi học ở trường rồi ra làm việc bạn có bê nguyên xi những kiến thức đã học trong sách vở để làm việc không? Chắc chắn là không rồi! Vậy thì hãy coi những câu hỏi trên đây là nguồn tham chiếu để các bạn không gặp bất ngờ trước những câu hỏi của nhà tuyển dụng bởi vì dù nhà tuyển dụng hỏi câu gì thì cũng chỉ xoay quanh các ý cơ bản đã có mà thôi!

Tham gia
    30-03-2004
    Bài viết
    How often do you have ****** ?

Ếch Ếch Ếch.....................
    Được sửa bởi xnewman lúc 10:21 ngày 21-07-2008 Reason: Bổ sung bài viết

Tham gia
    21-05-2008
    Chân trời rộng mở. Ngủ đâu là nhà, ngã đâu là giường ..z..Z..z..
    Bài viết
    Trả lời hay chỉ khi đúng với ngữ cảnh và trình độ của người hỏi,

Tham gia
    08-09-2007
    Bài viết
    hay nhung toi ko biet gi ca

Trang 1 / 2 12 LastLast